• Thank you for participating in our forums, we are very happy that you're here. We hope you find what you need, and also hope you will help others when the opportunity arises.

Some things to note:

1. We have pre-loaded the board with many manufacturers and models, but we know there are many we have missed. It's important to us that you get the information you need, so please post your questions in the closest forum topic that you can find(It can always be moved later.) Then, please post in the Content Request forum the make and model you need and we will add it to the board.

2. Please let us know what you think. We are very open to feedback and suggestions. You can use the "Forum suggestions and feedback" and "Content Requests" forums to help make this board better.

Thank you!

**You can remove this notice by clicking the "X" in the top right corner.

Bad seal on deck hatch

I'd say that's not normal, and the hatch needs to be removed and reset. It also looks like the hole is a bit big for the hatch, or it's not centered in the hole.

Last edited:
Ha, I do know it's not normal, but just wanted to vent my frustration. It looks to me as the factory put the bead of caulk/sealer on the hatch itself, and put it in somewhat uncentered. This caused the sealer to totally miss the deck. I was able to re set it with a larger bead of 3m 4000UV and it seems to be sealed ok now.

I would have contacted your Regal dealer and filed a warranty claim for this. It's poor workmanship.
In hindsight I would do the same. I didn't yet have a relationship with the local Regal dealer yet, and it was $1200 for the dealership I purchased it from to pick it up. It only took me a couple of hours to re-bed it. I haven't had any trouble with it since.

In hindsight I would do the same. I didn't yet have a relationship with the local Regal dealer yet, and it was $1200 for the dealership I purchased it from to pick it up. It only took me a couple of hours to re-bed it. I haven't had any trouble with it since.
That's good and probably the most expeditious way to tackle it. My Regal dealer (AM/PM Marine of Pasadena, MD) told me outright that any service/warranty claims/interactions I have with them regarding my boat, I am automatically down at the bottom of any queue they have, because I didn't purchase my boat from them. If had bought my boat from them, then I would be considered a customer with higher priority.

Needless to say, I haven't darkened their doorway since. It took them 9 months to replace my throttle handle under Volvo/Regal warranty last year, and they sat on the part for six months over the winter and didn't do squat toward initiating the repair until I REALLY rattled their cage with Regal and Volvo to get them to do what was a couple hour warranty replace/repair job.

Since then, I just go with another very responsive and communicative Volvo-authorized repair/service facility here in Annapolis. There is no lack of Volvo authorized service here.

And when I upgrade my Regal 28 to a larger model in a couple of years, I'll be going either to the Regal Dealer in Ocean City, MD or to the nearest one in northern Virginia, near Washington DC. Screw AM/PM Marine, their attitude lost me as a customer forever.

Back