• Thank you for participating in our forums, we are very happy that you're here. We hope you find what you need, and also hope you will help others when the opportunity arises.

Some things to note:

1. We have pre-loaded the board with many manufacturers and models, but we know there are many we have missed. It's important to us that you get the information you need, so please post your questions in the closest forum topic that you can find(It can always be moved later.) Then, please post in the Content Request forum the make and model you need and we will add it to the board.

2. Please let us know what you think. We are very open to feedback and suggestions. You can use the "Forum suggestions and feedback" and "Content Requests" forums to help make this board better.

Thank you!

**You can remove this notice by clicking the "X" in the top right corner.

What is it?

BoatWithNoName

I purchased my new boat, and had no idea what this was.

It is located on the inside of the transom, and has a red and green light glowing, but there were no markings to give me an idea of what it is.

Volvo Penta Active Corrosion Protection

This is the control box for the Volvo Penta Active Corrosion Protection system. This system protects your outdrive from saltwater corrosion.

Volvo Penta has this to say about it: Active Corrosion Protection is an effective and reliable system that protects your drive from galvanic corrosion. By applying impressed currents through a transom unit, the system continuously measures and automatically adjusts the electrical output for excellent protection in both brackish and salt water. Active Corrosion Protection replaces conventional corrosion protection that uses sacrificial anodes with a shorter life span.

More information can be found here:

Now you know!

Back